Thursday, July 15, 2010

What Does A Goiter Do

Burma Shave - Tom Waits

II licorice tattoo turned a blue
Gun metal

Scratched on the back of a city hell
signals on the railway

And the scar on his belly pushed
foreigners in overrule
He was a juvenile delinquent
He had never learned how to live
But the cops would never have thought of

Look for it in Burma Shave

The road was like a ribbon
The moon as a bone
He was not like any of those she knew

looks a bit to
Farley Granger with his hair slicked back
She says I'm going crazy for a guy with the cowboy hat

he says: It depends on what you're getting what you mean

he says: I made a stop here
Only to gasoline
I guess I'll go in that direction until the road is paved

Perhaps you think that is too direct
A Burma Shave

knees resting on the dashboard

She took off the small springs
And his hair tumbled He
as bitter with the rubber boom and stretched

Devil, Marysville
is nothing but a big point on the road
Sometimes at night my heart beats Thunder

as I do not know why not explode
All
disgusting in this city already have a foot in the grave
I'd rather play my cards
A Burma Shave

Like Presley

Why not change the station Count the grain silos
in the mirror
Lord wherever you direct
You take away the anxiety
Of all those dreams that I carry to bed every night

And always die when it comes
Morning
So find me a decent hole
miss the word tonight As a fugitive

Take another sip
It surpasses that car if you dare
I want to get before it is
Day
A Burma Shave

The web broke
The Mustang growled
scoured smoke twisted

And that car worth a pound if
dreams and wishes that guarded
give them to have been stolen on the way to Burma Shave


The sun shone on the wagon And equip
silhouetted shadow as the wing of a bat


door on the side of the place of the dead
And when they pulled them out of the wreckage
You know, she still had the sunglasses
say that dreams do you crazy
From parts of Burma Shave


0 comments:

Post a Comment