" I always say things honest, because I do not
memory and forget the lies.
How can you trust those who use lies as a means of political struggle
? People need to trust only
of those who say the truth "(Silvio Berlusconi, 02/03/1994)
Indro Montanelli, the largest Italian journalist who died in 2001, the
knew well, having had for 15 years as an editor. And he said "Silvio Berlusconi is a liar
professional mind at all, even if
always the same, to the point of believing his own lies." A drive
uncontainable and uncontrollable, that of Italian Prime Minister to
lies. Even in court. In fact, October 22, 1990,
the Court of Appeal of Venice has pleaded guilty to lying under oath to the judges
: "The Berlusconi - reads the sentence -
deposing before the Court of Verona, misrepresentation, fulfilling the objectives and details
subjective alleged crime ": that the false testimony,
about his inclusion in the Masonic lodge P2. The offense proven,
was declared extinct, thanks to a providential amnesty passed in 1989.
In the United States lie (especially if under oath before a judge)
result in the immediate impeachment: the offender leaves the White House.
in Italy, comes at Palazzo Chigi. And, of course, continues to lie.
as before and more than before. What follows is a small catalog of lies
of Berlusconi.
BERLUSCONI YOUNG
"My singing career (as a singer on cruise ships, ed) is
began with a tour in Lebanon (06/07/1989). But according to Joseph
Flowers, his unauthorized biography, Berlusconi has never been in Lebanon.
'Al' Gardenia '(a nightclub, ed) in Milan, then how would
happened in Paris, after singing I would go into the dance floor with
Blondes "(ibid.). But Berlusconi has never played in Paris.
"I studied two years in Paris, the Sorbonne, and I had to keep
play and sing at the premises of the capital "(07/08/1989).
But Berlusconi has never studied at the Sorbonne, if anything, the University of Milan.
" In Paris I was rowing and I was champion with the Italian student of Cus
Milan (July 1989). Paris aside, there are serious doubts about
sports titles won by the Knights in a canoe.
BERLUSCONI hooded
"I do not remember the exact date of my membership of the P2, however, remember that shortly before
scandal. I have never paid a registration fee
, nor was I required "(27-9-1988, the Court of Verona).
Berlusconi enrolled at P2 in the first months of 1978, and paid regularly
the registration fee of 100 dollars. Hence the false testimony.
"Enough of this history of P2: I told you, I received the card for
mail and even I did not pay the registration fee (10/3/1994). But, as also evidenced
Licio Gelli, grand master of the venerable lodge P2,
"Berlusconi has made the normal initiation into the P2 lodge.
BERLUSCONI CONTRACTOR
"Mr Berlusconi has worked, risked, paid taxes and has never asked any
pound of contributions to the State" (22/05/1995). But
Fininvest is on trial for tax evasion by hundreds of billions, and has received government grants
, just to publishing (5 billion-odd a year for The Journal
payable to his brother Paul, an equal number to the name of the Il Foglio
wife Veronica), but for the layoff and the Standa
Mondadori.
"The law mom took away half of the turnover" (La Stampa, 05/24/1995). At the time of
Mammi law (which in August 1990 has regulated the
Italian broadcasting system), the size of the group were
roughly the same as '95.
"The mom was forced to sell newspapers and prevented us from keeping the
pay TV" (La Stampa, 24/05/1995). Newspapers were only one: the Journal
(just past his brother Paul), the pay TV did not exist, since
Tele + was born 20 October '90.
"It 's a lie, nonsense to say that behind Mr. Berlusconi is
Craxi. I do not have anything to Craxi and the so-called Caf, and do not regret anything I've done
" (a Mixer, RAI-2, 21 -2-94). But it was Berlusconi himself
to confess, the 13.09.1993, in a rare flash of sincerity, he dismissed
the anchor man on the orders of Craxi Gianfranco Funari ("It is no secret - he admitted
Knight - Mr Berlusconi has always been a slave to
Prince, and in more than one occasion I had to take this into account. A year ago, if
remember well, I was waiting for the TV licenses ...").
BERLUSCONI CANDIDATE
"Everyone asks me to nominate myself. But I know perfectly well what I can do
. If I did I should abandon the policy choice and
completely change the television business. A Berlusconi's party there was not, nor will there ever be
"(09/13/1993). Two months after Italy was officially Force and
Berlusconi to run for president of the Council.
" If you will build a party? I've always said the opposite will be the twentieth time that
repeat. This was written by those who are interested to go against the current
political protagonists. And so once again will pretend not to
read my refutation, so I'll have to repeat it for the twenty-first
once and for who knows how many more times "(Age, 10/23/1993). Same as above.
" My alleged party exists only in the pages of some newspapers (
the Budget Committee of the House, 26/10/1993.) Same as above.
PREMIER BERLUSCONI / 2
"Our future justice minister is Dr. Parenti" (06/02/1994).
Instead Alfredo Biondi will.
"I think the Ministry of Interior there is a need for an experienced ...
a grandfather "(La Stampa, 04/20/1994). It offers to the Ministry pm
Antonio Di Pietro (44 years), but he refuses, and then Berlusconi appoint the League's Roberto Maroni
(39 years).
"We are facing a very lean government, perhaps with less
Secretaries: it would be a nice break with the past" (04/12/1994). The secretaries will
39, respectively, 3 and 4 more than the previous
Amato and Ciampi governments.
"The criterion for the allocation of ministries will be absolutely meritocratic
no sharing of the seats (04/19/1994). In fact, for example, Adriana Poli Bortone
Latinist will go to agricultural resources.
"This government is siding with the work of the moralization of public life
undertaken by skilled judges. No shots of sponge.
From this Government will never be called into question the independence of judges
"(in the Senate, 05/16/1994). In seven months of life, the Berlusconi government will
day in question the independence of judges and approve
hastily the "clean slate" by Biondi, also known as "
salvaladri decree, which prohibits the arrest for the crimes of bribery, extortion, illegal financing
and false accounting.
" Falcone e Borsellino gave their lives against the Mafia . E 'in their name
that the Government feels bound to continue the work. It would be suicidal
vigilant against crime. Should instead provide the best means of
police and the judiciary (the Senate and the House on 16
on 05/18/1994). The first Berlusconi government and its majority
attempt to dismantle the law required (and paid in blood) from Falcone e Borsellino
: imprisonment for bosses (41 bis), Law on repentant superprisons
islands and so on.
"I assure you that there will be the building amnesty" (30/05/1994). "In the Council of Ministers or
elsewhere I have never uttered the word 'amnesty'. Are newspapers
they want us to look like other governments "(23/06/1994).
A month after his government will introduce the building amnesty, and after the tax.
" In Rai will not move even a plant (03/29/1994). "I'll Never
issues of television, to avoid giving the impression of wanting to support my business, I'll
even more from that part of the Fininvest Rai" (30/05/1994 ).
A few days later, Berlusconi prematurely dismiss the entire board of directors of
Rai, to name a new one on their behalf, with special
directors and network newscasts. It proclaims: "It 's certainly not fair that in a
democratic state there is a public service television
against the majority who expressed the government of the country. Rai does not like this
to the people, told me a survey. The government will deal with shortly "
(06/07/1994).
"The grandmothers, mothers and aunts in Italy are quiet:
not touched a penny of the current pensions (09/10/1994). Shortly after Berlusconi attempts a reform that cuts dramatically
pensions, then blocked by a demonstration
union with more than one million people and by the dissociation of its
Labor Minister Clemente Mastella, and the party's ally the Northern League
leaving the government and the timer.
BERLUSCONI OPPONENTS
"The level playing field has severely damaged the Pole of Liberties (4/20/1995).
The Observatory of the University of Pavia on television shows,
since 1995, politicians more present on television networks are
Berlusconi and his men.
"Few remember that Thatcher has privatized everything except that
British Telecom (Liberal, 04/04/1995). But the opposite is true.
Margaret Thatcher writes in his autobiography ("The Downing Street Years",
Sperling & Kupfer, 1994, pag.577): "British Telecom was the first
public service to be privatized. More than any other, its sale
laid the foundations of capitalism to share ... I was popular in Britain than
met in November 1984 ... when British Telecom was privatized last
.
"I do not know if I'll want to return to Palace Chigi. Too tiring. The Presidency of the Council
I think the key, I have this ambition
staff "(10/2/1995)." I do not feel essential. I am absolutely in favor of a technical
at Palazzo Chigi, I could be leader of the Pole in
control room "(04/13/1995)." Now that you return to the theater of politics,
becomes useless for me to stay on track. Better go take care of my business "
(31/05/1995)." The role of director of the reforms, as leader of Polo
in Parliament, is a role that appeals to me much more than that of President of the Council
" (10/10/1995). Silvio Berlusconi will always have a single candidate for
Palazzo Chigi: Silvio Berlusconi.
BERLUSCONI
PUBLISHER
"We have no newspapers-party. We do not theorize nor
practice information as an instrument of political blackmail. Our products are
excellent editorial, not factories or consent, what is worse, of
slander, derision, contempt ... I have never used nor will ever use my
media to unleash a campaign of aggression against
competitor, or vilify those who disagree with me.
I leave these methods to others "( Epoca, 20.10.1993). Anyone familiar with newspapers and TV
Berlusconi knows that, at least after the entry into politics of Berlusconi, have been transformed into
formidable means of attack, assault and defamation often
for judges and political opponents of their owner.
BERLUSCONI reapply
"Since 1995, passed after the opposition political-judicial coup, while the bullets whistled
politicized prosecutors, Forza Italy ..." (from "A
Italian history," the autobiography illustrated Berlusconi sent
in 20 million copies to all the Italian families in April 2001, in full election campaign
). Forza Italy passed because of opposition, 21 December '94, went to the Quirinale and
Berlusconi resigned as President of the Council: the League
North had withdrawn the support by voting no-confidence motions with the PPI
Rocco Buttiglione and the PDS, Massimo D'Alema. The attorney
not to blame.
"I have nothing to do with All Iberian, and I do not have offshore companies
abroad" (Silvio Berlusconi, 15/03/2000). The Supreme Court has definitively established that
All Iberian
is wholly owned by Fininvest. So much so that its external accounts were opened by the treasurer of the Central
Berlusconi, Giuseppino Scabini. All Iberian
is an offshore company based abroad (Channel Islands), as discovered by the other 63
pool of Milan and confirmed by the international auditing firm KPMG.
"Our holding company were headed to our consultants because we were so, everything was normal
They seem ready
specialize in professional studies" (04/26/2001). Holding the 34 "Italian 1,2,3,4 etc." that are behind the
Fininvest since the late 70's and other companies in the galaxy
Berlusconi almost all born without the name of Berlusconi, but
registered to nominees: a fifty between relatives, friends, housewives
Bari, Calabria unemployed, electricians, terminally ill patients suffering from stroke, even
a Czechoslovakian born in 1887. Everything is normal?
"No mystery the origins of my fortunes: I started with my father
liquidation: 30 million (04/26/2001). But then, between 1978 and 1983
Berlusconi found himself in the pocket 113 billion (70's,
equal to at least EUR 250 million today). In part, come in cash.
On the origin of that river of money, Berlusconi has never wanted to explain anything
. Even when, in November 2002, the Court of Palermo, which is processing
his right hand man Marcello Dell'Utri (Parliamentary
European and Italian, already convicted of false invoices and tax fraud and accused of Mafia
, slander and extortion), went away to
Palazzo Chigi in for questioning. At that time, questions about the origins of
that money and about the reasons that induced him to sleep in her house for two years
a mafia boss likes of Vittorio Mangano, with tasks
"groom" or "factor", Prime Minister Berlusconi has said: "I work
the right to remain silent." And the judges have returned to Palermo
empty-handed.
PREMIER BERLUSCONI / 2
"Less taxes for everyone" (Berlusconi's election slogan, May 2001).
the taxes of the Italians remain the same, even
substantial increase as the regional and municipal taxes, as a result of cuts in government transfers to municipalities and
regions. On November 13, 2001, on a visit to Granada
(Sagna), Berlusconi and his Economy Minister Giulio Tremonti
report that "the government accounts are not yet in place", therefore
to reduce taxes is not talked about. As well as pension reform,
promise during the election campaign to Confindustria. That immediately protest.
"I never said that Western civilization is superior to Islam. It 'because of a left
irresponsible spreading false rumors about me" (7-9 -
2001). Berlusconi Actually, only the day before, said
verbatim in a press conference from Germany: "We must be aware of
superiority of our civilization, which gave rise to
welfare and respect for human and religious rights. Which is not
in Islamic countries ... We have to avoid putting the two civilizations, the Islamic
on the same level and that our ... Freedom is not a heritage of Islamic civilization
... Our civilization must extend to those who are left behind
least 1400 years of history in the benefits and achievements that the West
know ... There is a remarkable coincidence between the Islamists and the anti-globalization
in their opposition to the West. "Then the international diplomatic incident, the protests of the League
Arab ("racist views"), the embarrassment of the West
engaged in an attempt to engage in the fight against fundamentalist terrorism
of the Two Towers the moderate Islamic countries. So the knight is forced to
denial, that is the umpteenth lie.
"I made a summary of the budget bill and found
well received by both Prodi and Commissioner Pedro Solbes" (10 -
10-2001). So Berlusconi after an official meeting in Brussels with
President Romano Prodi and other members of the European Commission. Prodi
Except that falls from the clouds: "We have not even spoken."
Solbes also denies it: "I did not express any opinion on the financial
Italian, I will assess together with the Stability Pact". Berlusconi was forced to reverse
: "I have explained the action of my government, Prodi and Solbes
I have listened in silence." Then, in a press conference, takes issue with the
"club of the lie of the left" that would give those phrases ever.
"Public television is entirely in the hands of the Left, and even the private TV
becomes unbalanced to the left" (30-1-2002, in Le Figaro). Just got back to the government,
Berlusconi, who already holds an absolute monopoly of commercial television
(Canale 5, Italy 1, Rete 4), appointing his men at the top
of the three networks Rai (President Antonio Baldassarre, CEO
Agostino Sacca). They move away from the video the two most famous journalists of Rai
, unwelcome to Prime Minister - Enzo Biagi and Michele Santoro - and the comic
Daniele Luttazzi, also unpopular with the Knight. Then, when the first
board of directors resigned in early 2003, Berlusconi's allies
meet at home to decide on new members, making
infuriate even the presidents of both houses, which refuse to ratify the appointments
. In the end, creates a new RAI board of directors made up of 4 members
center-right and one center-left. The Director-General,
friend of Berlusconi and his brother Paul, is strict obedience to the government.
"Buy Alessandro Nesta (Lazio defender and National, ed)
for Milan? These are things that have nothing to economic, moral.
In football we all wrong, that's enough" (23/08/2002) . The next day
Berlusconi's AC Milan announces acquisition of Nesta, which occurred at least a week.
"I do not understand the rush to the law on legitimate suspicion Cirami
(which allows it to move its processes from Milan to Brescia, ndr)" (31 -
7-2002). "The law on reasonable suspicion is a priority for the government" (30 -
8-2002).
"And if Iraq there were no weapons of mass destruction? How
personal opinion, I do not think that there are more those weapons "(16-10-2001,
the end of a long meeting with Vladimir Putin)." I'm with Blair and the rest,
the closest ally to Bush. I never said that Saddam has no weapons of mass destruction
. I'm just saying that could have had time to destroy them or put them
somewhere else "(17-10-2002,
disbelief after protests in London and Washington).
" Mediaset will not make any use of the tax amnesty "(30 -12-2002).
Berlusconi denied the revelations of the newspaper La Repubblica, which
estimated that the tax amnesty contained in the Finance Act Berlusconi's Mediaset
will enable the group to close the dispute with the tax authorities for possession of
offshore company to save 100 million euro fines of 200 billion lire
. Five months later, the weekly L'Espresso
find that Mediaset has regularly made use of the amnesty, thereby saving about € 120 million
taxes.
"I have absolute confidence in the Supreme Court, which does not trust and never missed.
Another thing I am certain that they want a particular role pm and sketched
processes that come to naught" (January 26, 2003). The next day the Supreme Court gives wrong
and does not move its processes from Milan. He, Prime Minister, now thunders against
"judges coup."
BERLUSCONI ACCUSED
"I swear on my five children that I know nothing of what I am challenged
(bribes to the Guardia di Finanza, ed.)
I am the victim of a great injustice. They tell me that this warning is the answer to
what we are doing "(11/23/1994). "It 's as if I had sent a notice accusing me of not guarantee
called Silvio Berlusconi.
As I'm sure you call Silvio Berlusconi, do not think any court in the world to condemn
just because my name is Silvio Berlusconi.
may be a sentence, but then it is not an act of justice, but
subversion "(01/12/1994). "I corrupter? It would be like blaming
Sister Teresa of Calcutta, after a lifetime of sacrifice, if a child
Institute put forth a hand to seize quarter of apple from the grocery store, not for himself, but
to give to another "(27-10 -95). "No one is guilty of corruption
, the head of the group was not aware of the slightest
charge him. The real scandal is rather in the fact that my
company, like almost all Italian companies, has been subjected to pressures
concussive by an armed body of the State ...
We were forced to pay by a criminal as the Guardia di Finanza
by rogue elements of an armed corps of the State " (01/16/1996). With all due respect
dell'incolpevole offspring, two Fininvest executives will
finally convicted of corruption of the Guardia di Finanza, a
attorney for aiding and finally, the two Secretaries
for perjury in the first and second grade, while Berlusconi will be condemned by
Court for corruption, said prescribed (ie
responsible, but not punishable) by the Appeal Court finally acquitted by the Supreme
. But only for "insufficient evidence".
"Publitalia has never issued false invoices, and it works like a clock"
(31/05/1995). But the top executives of Publitalia, the founding president
Marcello Dell'Utri down, have bargained sentences for tens of billions of
false invoices and tax fraud.
"I'm ready to leave the guidance of the Polo, the Chamber and the political life if
will be shown a relationship or my Fininvest company or a group of
with Mr. Craxi, other than that of pure friendship!" (29 -
11-95). Craxi is he who in 1984 imposed by his government to Parliament
two decrees in personam, the "decrees Berlusconi," to save your friend's TV
finished under investigation (and in danger of seizure by
judges) because they transmit illegally
throughout the country. The Supreme Court, confirming the prescription of the crime of illegal financing
Berlusconi on society in the process off-shore "All Iberian
" found evidence that Mr Berlusconi poured illegally Craxi,
between 1990 and 1992, 21 billion abroad to foreign countries. But Berlusconi has not
left political life.
"I never made any attack on the judiciary" (10/10/1995). "If there's one thing I
is charged which does not satisfy the truth is on my side
a negative opinion towards the judiciary" (25/11/1995). "I am a great admirer of the judiciary
and I demonstrated in my work
government, during which I have always been close to the problems of the courts"
(12/07/1995). "Let me once again express appreciation to the judiciary and judges
" (01/23/1996). A constant of politics is the systematic attack
, scientific, incessant
the judiciary of all types and levels: by prosecutors in Milan (as well as Palermo, Naples, Turin:
all those who have dealt with him or its companies) in the courts for preliminary investigations
, those courts of appeal to those, right up to the sections
joined the Court of Cassation, the highest judicial instance in the country.
"Investigations are on my team started only after my commitment in
policy. Before, I had never experienced anything like it" (06/17/2003). But the opposite is true
: first come the investigations on Berlusconi's Fininvest, then
(and perhaps because of it) Berlusconi takes the field "policy. The first survey
(later archived) on the entrepreneur Berlusconi, for drug trafficking,
was opened in Milan in 1983. In 1989, then again in Milan, Marcello Dell'Utri
ended for the first time under investigation for mafia
(acquitted). The thesis of political persecution by judicial
already exposed by the premier in a complaint in Brescia, has been so removed by the investigating magistrate
Carlo Bianchetti archiving of May 15, 2001: "An examination of the acts
that, contrary to
can be seen from the perspective of the complainant, the legal action ... preceded and followed the
decision to "take the field" ... [The pool of clean hands have made, including] the
27 February '92 20 July '93 , as many as 25 hits at Fininvest and
Publitalia. "Berlusconi himself, at the time of entering politics
towards the end of 1993, he confided to the famous journalists Enzo Biagi and Indro
Montanelli (which they later said):" If do not enter politics, and I fail
stop me. "
" This arbitrary power and caste was illiberal
exercised in 1994 against an unpopular government to the judiciary Jacobin left,
government blatantly put on trial by his leader in a process begun in Naples
while presiding over a convention of the United Nations and led
then, for absolutely no justification, in a sensational acquittal
many years later "(29-1-2003 ).
Berlusconi insists on repeating that, in 1994, his government was overthrown by sending a notice of
Guarantee for Fininvest bribes to the Guardia di Finanza, in Naples, while
he chaired a conference on organized crime .
It was actually a "subpoena" (a summons for questioning), due to
law, which was not notified at all in Naples, but in Rome. It was
announced to the person on the phone the night before (November 21, '94)
by the police. So it was Berlusconi, despite knowing that she was suspected of corruption
, deciding also to preside over the conference also
the next day (day 22), exposing the good name of Italy to the international scorn
. Magistrates in Milan, according to information of
police, it appeared that he, on the evening of 21, would return to Rome from Naples
abandoning the conference opened in the morning. So
sent the military for delivery in Rome, not Naples. As for the reasons
the fall of the government, that act did not have any consequences. They
established the magistrates in Brescia, which
Berlusconi had made a complaint against the Milan magistrates to "attack
constitutional bodies" (ie, its first government.) In the order of Judge Charles
Bianchetti May 15, 2001 that the investigation files and pays pool
Milan, says: "The causation of the so-called" turnaround "was essentially alien
the story of the call, the
that time, according to the testimony of the then Minister Maroni, the decision of the Northern League
of "no confidence" the Berlusconi government (a decision which had been decisive in the fall
Executive) was formalized
6 November 1994, and therefore the first two weeks, however, found its roots in a
irreconcilable conflict between the Northern League and other parties of the Polo delle LibertÃ
dating back to late August '94, when the Hon. Bossi
had come to know the intention of the head of the government to "go to the polls
early autumn."
"Sme In the process there are no clues or evidence against me, there is only
theorem Mrs. Stefania Ariosto, who made a mythomaniac
gossip. I would expect for the Sme not a trial, but a medal
gold value for civil saved Italy from a sale of an asset
public when it was worth 500 billion for 2500. "The heads of the deal does not speak Stefania Ariosto
Sme: simply tell what he saw and heard about a
Previti and corruption of some judges Romans. In fact, in the process
Sme, the defendants are on trial for some bank transfers.
The first concerns the industrial Pietro Barilla (who died in '93): May 2 and July 26, 1988
from an offshore account to start Barilla two credits (1 billion
and 800 million pounds) for the lawyer Attilio Pacifico, right arm
Berlusconi lawyer Cesare Previti. Pacific versa, according to the prosecution,
200 million in cash to the court Philip Green, and by wire 850 to
Previti and 100 million by the judge Renato Squillante. The second bank directly instead
calls into question the Fininvest. On March 6, 1991, the income
Swiss "Ferrido", opened by the head of treasury Fininvest Giuseppino
Scabini, $ 434,404 will be credited to the account "Mercier" the Previti, from
where, after an hour, are turned into the account "Rowena "the judge Squillante.
According to the indictment, the bill Ferrido (Galaxy All Iberian) was fed
with personal funds and family members of Berlusconi. Hence the accusation, for all,
judicial corruption. For the SME (the financial food IRI),
Berlusconi not foiled any sale: the share of the sale by the IRA
500 billion had been assessed by two experienced
Milan Bocconi University, and then Carlo De Benedetti, the only agent in 1985, that figure had offered
. Then Berlusconi, on the order of Craxi, interjected
in the business, raising to 10% soon:
the bare minimum to get into the game. Then he offered 550 billion, just over De Benedetti,
little less than a fifth of the value that he now claims to give the
Sme 1985.
"The judiciary is politicized in the 1992-'93, has canceled five parties
from public life, saving to bring the Communists to power. "
Apart from the fact that, in Milan, the" Clean Hands "pool stopped and inquired
almost the entire top of the PCI-PDS, as do those of moderate parties, it must be said that the first elections
Tangentopoli not won after the Left.
The Berlusconi won, occupying the space vacated by the penta
that had dissolved due to lack of votes after the scandal. On 24 January 1994,
time of his descent into the field, the Knight praised the pool of Milan
have uncovered the scandal of Tangentopoli: "The old political class is
been overwhelmed by the facts and exceeded the time [...]. The scuttling of the old rulers
, crushed by the weight of public debt and
illegal financing of political parties to leave the country unprepared and uncertain ...". And
February 6 adds: "Enough with the thieves of State, we are for a new political
, otherwise, clean. We are working against Italy Italy
who steals. "Soon after his government tried to have the two symbols of the" Clean Hands "pool
: Antonio Di Pietro to the Ministry of Interior and Justice Piercamillo Davigo
. The two But they refused. But clearly, at the time,
Berlusconi did not consider them "red robes.
" The magistrates in Milan were abusing pre-trial detention to extract confessions from the
suspects "(09/30/2002).
Even this workhorse of the anti-Berlusconi courts controversy is belied by the facts and, above all,
the report handed to the Government by the four ministerial inspectors sent
against the pool of Milan in October Keeper
1994 by Alfredo Biondi (Forza Italy, Berlusconi's first government.) report made public May 15
'95: "No relief can be driven to the magistrates in Milan who
not appear to have exceeded the limits imposed by law in the exercise
their powers [...]. It was not found an appreciable and significant cancellations
series of decisions that led to those arrests [...]. The
custodial measures have often been supported by further and [...]
decisive evidence of the confession of the suspect. The result is that these
confessions were later retracted because it made under the threat of further
continued detention [...]. You can not ascribe to those
confessions "inhumane physical and psychological conditions" in which
would come to find many suspects, some of which suicidatisi,
conditions referred to by the Hon. Sgarbi: has never been reported
systems apply to different detention or exacerbated
than the generality of cases. "
"The pool of Milan magistrates had the goal of promoting
seizure of power by the left" (05/09/2003). Apart from the considerations
already stated, it is interesting to read the answer October 23, 1996 by Simon Brown
British Minister to the British Parliament,
to explain the refusal of the appeal of Mr Berlusconi's lawyers, who spoke of investigations
and crime "politicians" for opposing the delivery of documents on foreign accounts
the galaxy All Iberian, "If I understand the arguments of the applicants
[Fininvest], they argue that the current legal action
in Italy for illegal donations 10 billion Mr. Craxi is
policy and that allegations of accounting fraud [...] would be a crime related
. The illegal political donations are a political crime?
are not in agreement. It seems to me rather a crime against the laws ordinary
promulgated to ensure proper ordering of the democratic process in Italy
- offense in anything other than, say, from voting twice in elections
[...]. The offense has been committed to influence the policy of
government illegally do not pay large sums of money to a political party without a purpose
[...]. I do not accept in any way that the Italian judiciary
desire to expose and punish corruption in
public and political life, and the conflict this created between judges and politicians
in that country, operates in such a way as to convert the crimes in question
in political crimes. It is a misuse of language to define the campaign characterized as
judges to "political purposes", or their action against Mr. Berlusconi
as political persecution. On the contrary, everything I've read on this
case suggests that the judiciary is demonstrating a right
political independence from the executive and equanimity in dealing in
equally politicians of all parties [...]. [The offender] is not inherently political
or becomes so in the case that the author of
offense hoping to change the policy of the government buying political influence, and even if the judicial power
, pursuing him, hoping to clean up politics. None of the applicants' arguments
can persuade me on anything that the crimes in question are
politicians. I just can not see paying
corrupt politics as the "Garibaldi today", or seekers of freedom, or "
political prisoners."
"The prosecutors in Milan were abusing pre-trial detention to extract confessions from the suspects
" (30/09/2002). Again, this workhorse of
anti-Berlusconi courts controversy is belied by the facts and, above all,
the report handed to Government Inspectors sent by the four ministerial
against the pool of Milan in October 1994 by Alfredo Biondi
Keeper (Forza Italy, Berlusconi's first government). Report
announced May 15 '95: "No relief can be driven to the magistrates in Milan who
not appear to have exceeded the limits imposed by law in exercising their powers
[...]. It was not found a 'appreciable and significant series of cancellations
decisions which gave rise to those detentions [...]. I
custodial measures have often been supported by further [...]
and decisive proof of the confession of the suspect. Neither was
these confessions were later retracted because it made under the threat of further
continued detention [...]. You can not ascribe to those
confessions "inhumane physical and psychological conditions" in which
would come to find many suspects, some of which suicidatisi,
conditions referred to by the Hon. Sgarbi: has never been reported
systems apply to different detention or exacerbated
than the generality of cases. "
BERLUSCONI AND CONFLICT OF INTEREST
" To say in the activities of government policy and there was sometimes a
interest, not only Mr. Berlusconi, but also other members of
Forza Italy, is a disgrace (12/14/1995). "The old political class
making politics takes money. I can say that to make policy
I spent several "(12/15/1995).
The first Berlusconi government will be remembered for two measures: the Biondi decree banning the
custody in prison for corruption on the eve of ' Paolo Berlusconi
arrest for corruption, and the Tremonti law, which has yielded the same
of Mediaset Berlusconi (Silvio) to 243 billion tax relief.
"I have instructed my manager to initiate the disposal of my property
" (23 -3-94). "I have always recognized that there was anomaly from
heal ... I am the first to propose a drastic separation between
the exercise of the duties of government and exercise of property rights "(08/02/1994).
" My business or sell or freeze. I absolutely share the
my private interests as a shareholder I have my business from Fininvest
public will play in everyone's interest. I think that the blind trust
U.S. is the ideal solution "(04/11/1994)." Today I announce that I
decided to sell my business because I believe that someone, when you
takes commitment and effort into this There are certain conditions that are impediments to the conduct
global commitment,
must also have the courage to sacrifice ... It will not be easy to find a buyer, but we're going to
Stock Exchange with a share of the television and I will absolutely not
majority "(23/11/1994)." Since November I have given an irrevocable mandate to sell
Fininvest's TV "(18 -3-95). "will sell the TV to
international entrepreneurs" (Il Giornale, 04/01/1995). "The conflict of interest will be resolved in
first hundred days of my government" (05/05/2001) . Nine years after his first
government and two years after the start of the second, Berlusconi has not resolved the conflict of interest
nor sold any of his companies. Indeed,
December 21, 2001, shall the Italians that "the conflict of interest exists
only in the sense that it has cost my company since I joined
in politics to serve the country." And May 7, 2003, even more explicit: "The
conflict of interest is an excuse. Everyone can clearly see that there is no conflict of interest
. Indeed, I can not do things that are detrimental to my
group. There was only one decision taken by the majority and
by this government that has brought things to my advantage.
Since I went into politics, my group has only suffered enormous damage. "
0 comments:
Post a Comment