|
| Vietnam and Cambodia 6-06 |
Trip to Vietnam & Cambodia 1.6-14.6.2006
Patrick and Dominic Sordini Filippi
Erebus in collaboration with the Agency of San Remo. This trip
studied and dreamed for a long time, finally come true!
After much research in the various agencies in Hanoi and when I finally choose the one
that inspires me more confidence, I can not contact you!
has problems with the internet! The problem is that for this trip there are many flights and the
time is limited to 14 days, (more because of my work I can not afford
) therefore the agencies want a deposit of 25% of the total
! I do not trust to send money to an agency with which I can not
get in touch whenever you want! But I find that through the Tourist
Vietnamese in Italy I have the same holiday at a price just
(but only slightly) more and better hotels.
I must apply for a visa from Italy, but with a simple letter of invitation
, I can get to Hanoi, with additional savings.
's all ready and June 1 from Nice to Paris and then to 16.40 hours
Hanoi. After a trip, including flights and waited about 24 hours,
are finally ready to face these two countries yearned for! Questo è il
progamma ho scelto di seguire cover: 02 JUN HANOI
> AF 174 ARR 1845 - TRF HOTEL - LOCAL DINNER (D)
>
> 03 JUN HANOI HALONG (BLD)
> CSS HANOI AM - PM TRF TO HALONG
>
> 04 JUN HANOI HALONG (BLD)
> PVT BOAT CRUISE - HANOI + WATER BACK Puppet
>
> 05 JUN HANOI HUE (BLD)
> MORNING: West Lake, Tran Quoc, Thanh, Hoan Kiem E LAKE Ngoc Son,
> Cyclo TRF TO OLD QUARTER BY APT
> AROUND 1300. PM HUE: OLD Citadel, Museum ROYAL HUE, DONG BA (IF NOT
> Enough TIME POSTPONE CITTADEL)
>
> 06 JUN HUE (BLD)
> Tomb + THIEN MU HON CHEN TEMPLE
>
> JUN 07 DAD HUE HOI AN (BLD)
> DEP AM, CHUCK, LONS SON, CHAM MUSEUM, AFTER LUNCH, MARBLE AND NON
> nuoc HOI AN AND
>
> JUN 08 HOI AN DAD SAIGON (BLD)
> FLITE AM TO SGN - FULL DAY VISIT
>
> JUN 09 SGN / CAI BE-SGN
> FULL DAY TOUR + LUNCH ORCHARD
>
> 10 JUN SGN / PNH
> AM TO TRF APT
11 JUN PNH REP (B / L / D)
AM FLITE TO REP - PM GO VISIT Preah Khan, Neak Pean, Ta Som, Ta Keo,
ORIENTAL Mebon, PRE RUP PHNOM BAKENG
12 JUN REP (B / L / D)
AM 0530 SUN SET - BACK FOR BREAKFAST HOTEL - Angkor Thom ANGKOR-Whatta
PM ROLUOS GRP
Chaopraya REST AT LUNCH - DINNER + SHOW AT REST KOULEN
13 JUN CONG REP
Bantey Srei + KNEAS - LATE AFTERNOON FLIGHT TO BKK
honestly did not think to find in Vietnam a country looks to the future
towards consumerism and more exasperated!
The government has chosen to follow the path of China, more than the Vietnamese (like
Chinese) are very industrious and active, does not scare them like
work and live well, treat their children very well ...
front of the mausoleum of Ho Chi Minh is a queue of 2 km.
very orderly and patient, are all Vietnamese, and some tourists,
everyone wants to make a tribute to the "great uncle" now revered throughout the country by young people.
me explain the meaning of the flag: the star represents the five provinces of Vietnam and the background
red blood shed for the unification, but I will
explanation seems a little so-called "tourist". In the temple of literature
find many symbols, eg.
the turtle represents longevity, the crane and the carp wisdom, the pearl in its beak Crane
means that the words of learned men are like pearls, that I fully share
, educated people fascinate me, I would listen to hours !
Housing CIH Ho Minh was a surprise:
very simple and essential, little furniture, little of everything despite being a character very
known everywhere, but totally opposite the Presidential Palace today!
Halong Bay must see it! You can not explain in words and
any photos, even the best does not do honor!
Speaking with the people I got an idea of \u200b\u200bhow the Vietnamese live,
today. Eg. marriage: all religions have chosen
white dress for the bride is beautiful and is a lot of cool! Apart from the Catholics, are not
no ceremony, just a big party at a restaurant if they live in the city,
at home, whether in the countryside, with many flowers, especially anywhere
bed in the bedroom, for our culture, woe the flowers in the bedroom! And you have
or 2 weeks or 2 weeks after cohabitation
to register as "husband and wife" at the registry office with a simple affidavit.
Vietnamese cuisine is very good and very elaborate, but I had no intention of
know what I ate what is seen for sale at the market,
better not to know!
They can cook anything from snakes, dogs, caterpillars, crocodiles,
then everything is chopped and well mixed, the cure for the presentations
dishes and is well cared for, every dish is a small work of art. The funeral
are very colorful, the wagon has many decorations
at first glance does not seem even a hearse for us!
bury the dead in the ground after 13 years were exhumed and the bones clean well, and then build a tomb of marble
close to home or property in the middle of rice fields
, where each one wish, trick that I really liked , to have always
near their loved ones seem right!
One thing that is strange to us are the houses: very high and narrow, reason:
the ground along the road is very expensive and therefore prefer to raise
the house without giving up on the way to the mouth as this allows you to open a
' activities and then leads the market and therefore money, I noticed that
are very sensitive to the money ... The internal staircase giving
take up much space these homes look for us, "unusual." Sometimes the houses are
few meters on the street, just the space of a window, very long reach and height also
5 floors.
Hanoi is invaded by scooters "mobilettes" as they call them here, one of these
here can cost around 300 €, and there are millions, really!
cars if they see few signs, traffic signals are there but they are not taken into account
, the only thing that protects them from accidents "serious" is the
very low speed, there is no precedent, each one does what he wants and how he wants
for attraversre the way one gets the impression tufffarsi,
literally in traffic, there shall be level and then
auto-motor-cyclists to avoid you! Hopefully! On 4 miliono
people there are 2 million motorbikes! The puppets
water, whether it is a show by "tourists"
deserves to be seen, if only to appreciate the talent of these artists do not see
LAN, but as if by magic, puppets move EAA time music,
too.
The surprising thing are the billboards of multinational companies are flanked by posters
party, the "Coke" hand in hand with the "falceemartello" the
General Giap, still alive, what do you think? I'd love to know!
But personally I am in full agreement: because if it is possible to live better ...
I greatly appreciate the oriental enjoy working, and try
to live well, treat their children very well!
Here everyone has more than one job, it takes everything he can and more.
It 's very interesting to look at the various vendors, is widely used trade
"door-to-door" the butcher with his piece of meat is at home,
take the pieces and violently slamming them in the basket that uses
to transport them: why? The meat is fresh when it has to react, and Then we go so to enhance the freshness
, I remember that we did so even when I was a child
! There is no contract, or at least very few, the price is for
so-called "fixed" never change. It 's more fun to shop in
Arab countries or India, bargaining can take a lot of fun and
especially for us Europeans are more used to "bargain"!
In Vietnam there are many current Buddhist, and in the temple of Quan
located in front of the central lake of Hanoi, are all represented, a first step
for religious tolerance? I hope so!
Hue is a very beautiful city, apart from the "citadel" that
remained almost intact, despite the various wars have left its mark here, the rest was rebuilt
but despite this it is interesting to wander through the streets
. Then I happened here in the middle of the "FESTIVAL OF HUE '"
a singing event and various events, takes place in summer, begins with
historical representations in the town and continues with performances, fireworks, etc.
.
In the evening the city is fully lit day, even the beautiful bridge over the Perfume River
! The music mix and mingle with each other!
are approached by some kids in schools of journalism, ask
through their impressions when I say I would not want to be more Italian
let me go, I would like to know how Italy: I do not speak English, my husband
little, unfortunately, I can only understand me if I'm thirsty or hungry or
sleep! I'm sorry, if I had studied more, I would certainly
established a very interesting conversation!
It 's very interesting to the tomb of "Khai Dinh"
emperor who reigned from 1916 to 1925 and then only 11 years, but left us a work that looks good
even close to the "Taj Mahal in Agra!
The refined beauty of ceramics from China, the workmanship is superb
, you never stop to contemplate this place.
Another interesting place is the temple of the BLUE LADY, very nice also
his legend: This area is subject to flooding and it is said that shortly before they occur
on the hill saw a lady walking with a red jacket and blue trousers
the
built this beautiful temple to protect themselves from floods, is very large and the monks still live here
, spirituality is palpable and it is so far the stress of our
days feel really relieved!
Saigon: that today's Ho Chi Minh City, its superb central post office built by Mr
. Tower (the tower!) And Catteddrale Notre Dame, nice to
move.
I could not resist: I had to buy the hat Vietnamese
how do you resist? Then I will make an account that will take him home and healthy
except through Cambodia! Everyone I have spoken here of our trip I have done a thousand
recommendations: take care!
is a dangerous country! There are a number of muggings! the police will stop you every 10 mn! For
what I could observe the day in San Remo in the center there is a risk
more! I did not have my husband nor I nor any problems of any kind!
Maybe the secret is to not be noticed by the criminals nor the police nor the
? Continuing
to wander among other things I could not find a way to
the hotel, I find myself in front of the Museum of Vietnamese History:
unfortunately already closed, but in the huge park are arranged very "elegant" means
F104 aircraft, the helicopter's "Apocalypse Now", vans
Vietnamese anti-aircraft, American tanks and other gadgets as scary.
Bordering the park of the museum's "Miss. Saigon nightclub
type of" night club ". ! And more than a beautiful tennis court! Absurd
these gadgets today border on what they have fought,
would be better for everyone to avoid the terrible part of the war, to get
to this result ... so painless? Finally
the legendary Mekong River. I say it is a living river, to make
the idea as was our Po, how many people fed! In fact these waters
is a whole swarm of people, goods, aquatic plants, ducks,
fishing boats, boats used for the sale of products
of any kind. Lunch consume it by Thin, is a very nice girl who
finally reveals the reason for all this come to me to be here for
account is to ask anything. Fact have said to me: this is the house of Thin
, this is the restaurant of thin, this is the kitchen of Thin
. Got it? There exists a matriarchal society of the mold, the man has the power but the woman
political economic, the thing I like!
I was pleased to see this country: the image I had in mind is that
transmitted by the news in the years 60-70.
desperate and hungry people, all seemed to many mice running scared, but I'm happy to have found
today projected a people towards progress, which
not afraid to work, who loves life! Leaving behind the past and
without forgetting our gaze towards the future.
Cambodia's first impression of Phnom Penh, a city of little interest. Everything here is
been destroyed during the war under the Khmer Rouge regime of Pol Pot,
so everything is now rebuilt! THE WARS! that hateful word, until
will be required ... I think that in those years I was a student in accounting,
was fashionable to praise the regime of Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge, the shame, not
we were well aware of the atrocities that have failed to make ...
So I limited the visit of the royal palace and a national museum,
there are some very interesting findings and the guides take visitors
throughout the tour, are a bit too technical, though, I really did struggle to keep up
explanations. After the tour guide I was accompanied
tells me he studied for 5 years the history of his country,
me realize that I have attended a university lecture that explains the reason for my fatigue
!
dedicate just one day in Phnom Penh and head to Siem Reap,
3 days to visit the sites of Angkor Thom and Angkor What. Although this city is just
interesting, so I dedicate all my time to the archaeological site. My
impression on these people: people do not seem too quiet
brought to the market as the Vietnamese. In this regard I have
told a story in Vietnam: the Vietnamese work, Cambodians
are watching, the Laotians are to hear! This
well describes the character of the people, for now I do not know how the Laotians, but I'll soon see
.
Exploring Ankhor leaves me speechless: the temple of Preah Khan, Neak
Poan, Ta Som, Ta Keo and the mountain of Bakhaeng tuti and others of which
not remember the name. Imagine this place in its full splendor, and now
see the trees and nature that you take what was their
stolen, along these streets so often seen in many documentaries and
understand that there is a high thing, breathe the hot air and smell of the jungle
just so close. And the size of these trees, photos
not make the proportions are frightening, the roots like tentacles seem
want to crush everything.
In Cambodia I felt going out alone, even if
with my husband, I was afraid, maybe I'll get wrong, but when one does not feel
of doing something is better than the face. Then at night at 19 is already dark and there are few lights
public and private. There are night clubs
but it is not the kind of entertainment that appeals to me during my travels, to tell the truth
does not attract me ever!
Cambodians, however, I have made a strange impression: in their eyes
in low light, as if they were still blacked out rancor. Their war was something
"Extreme" are not wanted to go to see the museum of the war in
Pnomh Penh, because I am convinced that when the past was so awful
is better to forget, to start living again without looking behind
, in fact looking at the "scars" left
from machine guns on the walls of temples and a guy approached me trying to speak English
did understand these words: "The Khmer Rouge have made us very angry."
The same scars found on the walls of the temples are also in the hearts of all Cambodians
...
0 comments:
Post a Comment