Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Daiwa Regal Gold Rg7000

morocco 1999

The charm of the desert, or the charm of the Tuareg people? If I were asked today,

distance of 9 years was what pushed me in Morocco, I could not even respond.

No doubt the desert fascinated me and scared me at the same time.

Tuareg had seen only a few documentary, my knowledge then was limited.

These

people who can find sustenance from the desert, a place so hostile

and yet so captivating, I felt very intrigued about

E 'was an organized trip in those days and I my husband had very little

travel experience. I was leaning against the "Francorosso" undisputed leader and master

Absolute Africa. The package included a visit to the southern cities of Morocco.

Marracech. Taroudant, Zagora, Erfoud, Ouarzazate, Marracech.

The hotels are always comfortable. Of course you could also provide

housing in areas tempted, but then I was not yet ready for such an experience.

Travel companions were all very young, my husband and I were the oldest.

Some were on their honeymoon! A couple I remember, was sick and tired of traveling,

made me rage. A table was always complaining, demanding Dough: How absurd.

Fortunately in the years after the trips were often individual.

The thing that struck me was the very cordiality of the Moroccans, their education

and especially their honesty. In those years there were already many Moroccans in Italy are

were the first "non" to reach our city. Most of them

was devoted to the store, many were professional thieves. One night I asked the guide,

a very nice young man, why the Moroccans arrived in Italy were so different. There

had explained that to leave the country had to move from Casablanca, it was necessary, only

from here it could know the right people. Unfortunately, contact with crime and corruption

changed them profoundly. Naive boys came, for each foreign

been tested by life! When he finally arrived at their destination those poor people

were no longer the naive, good guys that their mothers had hailed.

Morocco is a Muslim country, (according to their religion is not good to use alcohol

), so

wealthy guys, they used to sit at the bar, in plain sight, of course

with the bottle of water! A true luxury you noticed also by their

pride. The flask as undisputed status symbol of affluence.

markets: many colors, sounds, noises and smells! Banquet flooded with goods, restaurants

approximate where everyone could cook him dinner.

Erfud One day on the road in a remote village in the desert, after lunch,

I was out to do a scan. The people looked at me but did not greet me,

but only my husband. In a workshop of a fossil guy called us. Upon entering I noticed hanging

the wall, lots of photos of him with tourists. Before we start we had to haggle

requested a photograph, his assistant had not had prayers, indeed seemed ready.


him Happy, excited us, you could start the bargaining.


In Arab countries the habit is sacred, even when the price for us is high, it is better

contract, there remain too bad otherwise. It may seem a waste of time, but

certainly is a way to approach the character of people!

I bought some beautiful "desert roses".

leaving the shop I had found a pay phone, talking to our son

we had explained that we were in a country lost in the desert. I still remember the

his reaction: "How did you find a phone? Was attached to the cactus?"

The Jama'a el-Fna square in Marrakesh alone is worth the trip. I remember that last night we

I went to walk away. Already in the distance you could see the smoke rising slowly

skyward. As I approached I began to hear the sounds and smells and then

finally the colors of the colorful crowd. Jugglers and dentists, or better

the Dentist, elbow to elbow.

The soothsayer and the snake charmer, water vendors and decorators henna.

All these people busy in their work and back all in a sea of \u200b\u200bpeople.

The outdoor restaurants all had their specialties on display, ate

cooked rice and kebabs on the grill at the time by drinking mineral water. Next to me was

a Moroccan family, had a little child, the child was attracted by

bottle, the parents had asked me if I could make it taste a little bit!

All these activities are not the place for tourists, at least until nine years ago. All

was for local trade. Behind the square was the suq, huge and overflowing

of goods beyond belief. I had left groped and I bought a backpack, leather

the art of tanning is very popular throughout the country. It was then revealed a bad

purchase. The skin had been badly treated. I had spotted a lot of mesh and its

"smell" felt from far away ... too bad it was so beautiful!


One day walking on the dunes had approached a Tuareg, he spoke French well,

taught us to walk on the sand, to overcome the steep slopes of the dunes. Then the

a fresh

hill sat inviting us to do like him. From beneath the cloak,

materialized as if by magic on the sand a collection of fossils

that rivals any naturalist.

I did not realize he was a salesman! this is the sentence he had spoken to

open the negotiations: "Messieurs, vous Prenez votre temps!" that says a lot about time

trading and how to deal with the lives of these peoples.

What has stayed with me for this trip? The colors of the lush oases, green intense

contrasting the hot sand. And the serene faces of the people, transparent eyes

children ... and all the tranquility of a people!



First of Morocco visited Egypt, was a trip of this type school, not even visited IlCairo ...
Turkey here with a large group, so long lost ...
India: Delhi and Agra Travel with the Elephant, almost took us in his arms!

0 comments:

Post a Comment